Tuesday, February 3, 2015

I know I said I'd do better at the blogging thing, but I really am trying.  Promise!

Today is Love Least Expected's release day, and to say that I'm overwhelmed with the outpouring of support is an understatement.  I don't have a lot of support in my real life aside from my husband, his family, and my best friend, so it's been amazing to be showered with so many kind words -- and it's only noon!

The short story I published, The Trouble With Never, has been in the making for years.  Years. To have a piece of it (and me) finally out there, is such a mixed bag of emotions.  I suppose anyone who's already published could tell me that this is normal... but it's so scary, yet absolutely exhilarating to have it out there in the world. I truly hope that people love Summer and Caleb as much as I do.

I'm so grateful to my friend Kishan Paul for pushing me to step up and do this. I've talked about writing and being a published author and all that for so long, that it was about time to actually do vs talk.  To have people sending me messages and posting on my wall/page that they've bought a book I'm published in, or that it was waiting for them on their Kindle is just mind-boggling.  I don't think I've quite wrapped my brain around it!

It's taken me literally all day to even write this blog (which is why it might appear to skip around -- sorry -- busy down around here)!

Long story short, and I'll probably come  edit this later to make more sense -- thank you to every single person that took a chance on some unknown authors, to every blogger that shared our anthology -- THANK YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment