Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Day 7: The Thing(s) I'm Most Afraid Of...

Well obviously I've already fallen behind on blogging every day in May {I'm a pregnant mom to a toddler, I stay busy!}, but I'm still going to keep up with the series because she has some really thought provoking prompts.  ;)

Of course I have the things that scare the crap out of me that are everyday {and not so everyday}, like: spiders.  I'm terrified of spiders.  I literally go Jello-kneed when I see one.  There is something truly terrifying about anything with that many legs and being able to kill you at that size.  It's just not OK.

Deep water: I really can't tell you exactly what it is, but I think it's mostly how vast it is {I'm thinking ocean here} and there are some really terrifying things that lurk there.  I.e. Sharks.  I'm fascinated but absolutely terrified of them.

Not watching my son grow up: yes, I realize this is a more serious fear... but it really scares me.  It wasn't ever something I thought about before having kids, and now it crosses my mind probably once a day.  It could be anything: horrific accident, cancer, aneurysm, etc... but it just scares me that I could miss out on my child's life.

Failure/Not truly being good at anything: This is probably the one that has stuck around the longest.  Being a teacher, a mother, a wife... these are all thankless jobs.  You do them to fulfill yourself and have to be ok with not getting a pat on the shoulder as often as you'd like.  But sometimes, you just really need somebody to tell you that you're doing a great job at something.  Now that I've factored in writing as something I'm seriously pursuing vs a hobby, I wrestle with self-doubt daily.  What if nobody wants to publish my book? What if nobody buys my book?? What if people that buy my book think it's terrible?? My friends tell me this isn't true... but it's still there.  Doesn't everyone wrestle with self-doubt at one point or another?

What are you afraid of??

No comments:

Post a Comment